M5 CP Avatar (Part 2)

I am very excited about how this avatar turned out. However it was one of the more challenging projects from the semester. Initially I wanted to go with the photo of Denzel Washington. I wanted to add a level of diversity and I think that the Denzel picture was one of the best qualities from what I chose. When I began working with that photo I realized that the picture was too dark, there was not enough detail to pull out what I wanted to accomplish.

I scrapped that version and moved over to the Elizabeth Olson, which is my final avatar. In working with this picture I realized the original quality of the picture was not as good as the others. It was a closer shot, but it was still challenging when applying color to the eyes. Her eyes were already so piercing. Once I started to get the hang of the 

By sticking the tutorial very closely and applying other skills learned throughout the semester I was able to create the below. After I finished creating the avatar, the blue background seemed to absorb the picture and it got lost, so I changed the background to Magenta so that the image would really stand out. I really like how it turned out in the end. 


Final Avatar





Original image


Comments